I fell in love with the magic of film making in 2001 while I was working on a film set in Finland for the first time. I have since worked extensively in feature films, commercials and TV drama series as an assistant director, and later as a production manager. I initially trained as a director at Drama Centre, Central St. Martins, where alumni include Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Anne-Marie Duff and Colin Firth. After six years in Finland, I moved back to London in 2014 to pursue a specialisation in actor training and coaching at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. You can find out more about my work at IMDB or LinkedIn. I’m at my happiest when working with actors and directors, and exploring together the wonderful world of the screenplay, and how to bring the words on the paper alive.
My recent screen coaching credits include coaching actors for their auditions in London and I briefly worked on a feature film The Unknown Soldier (2017) with a Finnish director Aku Louhimies. In this film, I was able to test some of the ideas in rehearsals with young actors to create physically and emotionally challenging content safely for screen.
My recent visiting lecturer positions include work as an
- Acting tutor at St Mary’s University in Twickenham
- Acting tutor at ICAT London
- Acting/ Directing tutor at London College of Communication UAL
- Acting tutor at Arts Educational Schools London
- Acting tutor at Identity School of Acting
- Acting/ Directing tutor at London Film Academy
- Acting tutor at Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance
- Acting tutor at Tampere University/ Theatre Arts NÄTY, Finland
- Acting/ Directing tutor at ELO Film School in Helsinki, Finland
- Acting tutor at Helsinki Theatre Academy TEAK, Finland
- 2015 Finnish Cultural Foundation
- 2012 The Arts Promotion Centre Finland TAIKE
- 2012 The Promotion Centre for Audiovisual Culture AVEK
English, Finnish, Swedish.
Full CV available upon your request.